Dietary advice for cholesterol management has changed. Managing your blood lipids is not just about cutting down on the fat in your diet.
What you eat can make a big difference to your blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Learn what to eat to help improve the lipid levels in your blood, so that you don’t have to go on medication to control it.
- Understand what dietary factors can change the ratio of ‘good cholesterol’ to ‘bad cholesterol’.
- Learn how to incorporate these changes into your diet, whilst together sorting out any other health issues which you may have (eg high blood pressure, weight issues, sugar issues).
- Learn about which foods, including which cooking methods, might be creating the inflammation of those small blood vessels, and leading to lipid and plaque issues.
- Learn which foods are anti-inflammatory, and see how you might plan to include these in your eating patterns more often.
- Learn some simple foods you can swap to, which can really make a big difference to your blood fat levels.
Weight and cholesterol
If you have been battling with your weight and body shape, addressing your weight and shape issues can help with improving your blood lipids.
See how Sue can really help you with this. Read more about Weight Management.