You have probably read a little bit about diet for diabetes, or been told already about things to reduce or avoid in your diet.
Understanding how to manage your diabetes and diet is much more than just knowing what to eat less, or what to avoid.
In fact, recent research suggests that focusing entirely on what you ‘can’t eat’ may in fact make it harder to achieve your goals.
Sue will be able to help clarify any dietary issue which you would like help with.
Sue can guide and advise you on carbohydrates, such as explaining to you some of the following:
- Which ones are better
- What is the glycaemic index (GI), and how this relates to you.
- How much carbohydrate might be a good amount to have with each meal
- How to understand food labels, so that you can more easily decide which foods might be better choices
Sue can also help you to understand a myriad of other relevant food issues, including:
- Where sugar fits in
- Whether to choose low fat or full fat dairy products
- What food factors directly affect your blood sugar level and which food factors relate more to your body weight.
- Learn about the relationships between blood sugar levels and other health conditions
- Learn how to lower your risk of developing diabetic kidney disease
Weight and Type II Diabetes
Managing your weight can help you to manage the Diabetes. If you have been struggling to lose a bit of weight, you might find it helpful to talk to Sue.
- Understanding more about the factors that influence your weight can be enormously helpful
- See here how helpful it could be to talk to Sue about your weight.